How to create a remarketing banner ad or Things to consider when you advertise your business online
Part 1: Prepare the message
First, brainstorm the following questions:
- What is your advertising goal?
- What do you want people to remember after visiting your website?
- Why they might want to be back?
- Who is your target audience? Who are your customers – are they consumers or other businesses?
Your business model, B2B or B2C, directly affect the language and design of your promotional banner. When it is clear what you want to advertise and to whom, create a message with the relevant keywords for your target audience. Remarketing ad should not have a lot of information but only keyword phrases regarding promotion.
Part 2: Get to design
Put yourself in user’s shoes. Personally I don’t mind seeing banner ads when I browse the Google network, but I dislike animation ads that distract my attention and could be very annoying with blinking and moving parts.
Remarketing banner ad design specifics:
- Branding – your logo and company name
- Promotional message – as short as possible, key phrases which are easy to scan
- Contact information – website’s url, phone number (it depends of your advertising goal)
- Action button – should be visible and relatively big
- Design- something that catches the eye but not too busy. It’s better to use corporate colors.
- Loading page – is very important. It should be relevant to the banner’s promotional message with same keyword phrases as a banner ad.